Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Bacon and cheese quiche is a simple mix-and-bake dinner option. It freezes and reheats great, too! A great option for breakfast for dinner weeknights or early mornings.
I shouldn’t tell you what my husband always thinks we are having for dinner when he texts and I tell him quiche. (Pronounced “keesh” for those of you who aren’t familiar.) It’s totally inappropriate and for the life of me I can’t figure out why his mind always goes there. But he’s a man after all…
We have bacon and cheese quiche for dinner a couple times a month with hash browns. It’s a great breakfast for dinner option and you can make these in a mini muffin pan as an awesome appetizer too. They are always gone whenever we have them.
To make the crust easier, use a refrigerated one and just warm it on the counter for about 20 minutes before you unroll it and it will be perfect.
Sub in your favorite cheese, some ham, and other herbs you like. But I say why mess with a good thing? Bacon, cheese and green onions? That’s a good thing.
This also freezes perfect. Bake them and then wrap them in foil and rewarm in a 250/300 degree oven and you’re ready to serve.
Bacon and cheese quiche
- 1 pre made pie crust or a homemade crust
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup each cheddar cheese and swiss cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions green part only
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of red pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line pie plate with one pie crust. Prick with fork all over bottom and sides to prevent puffing and bake 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add bacon and cheeses to the bottom of the dish. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sour cream, half and half, flour, green onions, salt and peppers together and pour over bacon and cheeses.
- Bake 12-15 minutes if you are making mini quiches (min muffin pan) or 40-45 minutes for a 9" pie plate. Quiche should be set (not wobbly and wet) in the center and golden brown around the edges
This is fabulous!