Need a dinner option for those extra busy nights? BLT pasta salad can be served warm or chilled and brings in the salty flavor of bacon (yay for bacon!), parmesan, sautéed tomatoes and zesty greens. It’s dinner all in one pan.
You all, thanks so much for every time you reach out and let me know what you need. I hear ya! You want faster food and I’m bringing it to you with this (almost one pot) BLT pasta salad. You know what’s great about this? So, so many things. First there’s bacon. Then there’s cheese. Then there’s bacon again.
And you can make this in about 15 minutes–oh the miracles of pasta. And bacon.
All is right with the world.
If you don’t like arugula, use a simple mixed green or even some baby spinach would be great here. Just fry up some bacon, sauté some tomatoes and garlic together for a couple of minutes and toss in your cooked pasta. Top it with a little parmesan cheese and you’ve got a quick weeknight dinner or even a filling side. This would also be great for a potluck and you can easily double or triple it.
You’ll probably need to anyway when you taste it.
Any short pasta will work in this BLT pasta salad too–ziti, rotini, shells–whatever suits you. I happen to love these little things that I can’t pronounce.
BLT Pasta Salad:
BLT pasta salad
- 6 ounces bacon diced into about 1/4 pieces (or as close as you can get it)
- 1/2 pound cavatappi or any other short pasta 1/2 box
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh arugula mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese none of that powdered stuff!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water left over from cooking the pasta
- Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the pasta and cook until just tender--about 11 minutes (check your box).
- In a non stick pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Remove all the grease from the pan but 2 tablespoons.
- Add the garlic and the tomatoes and sauté until just softened, about 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, transfer it to the tomatoes and garlic, add the bacon back in and add the arugula or lettuce of your choice. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, parmesan and the pasta water and toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.