It can be tricky making a meal that everyone will eat, but these baked chicken fajitas are a family-friendly option you can make in one pan and in under a half an hour.Jump to Recipe
How many web pages have you searched, or cookbooks flip through looking for that one no fail recipe?
You know the one.
The one everyone will eat. The one that doesn’t make lots of dishes. The one you won’t get bored with.
Well stop flipping and searching. Because there may not be a recipe that’s more perfect in this world for versatility, flavor, and compliments then a wonderful one pan baked chicken fajita.
How to make baked chicken fajitas step by step
To save time, make a big batch of homemade taco seasoning and use that instead of individual spices.
What to serve with chicken fajitas?
Fajitas are really a one dish meal, but if you’d like to serve additional items try a side of spicy Mexican rice, guacamole, or homemade salsa.
Make sure you have plenty of sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos on the side for dressing up individual servings.
How to reheat fajitas in the oven
Preheat your oven to 350. Warm the chicken fajita filling and tortillas separately.
For the filling, transfer it to an oven safe dish, and cover with aluminum foil to hold it moisture. Bake, stirring occasionally until heated through maybe 10 to 12 minutes at the most.
For the tortillas, wrap them in aluminum foil and lay them directly on the oven rack until just gently rewarmed maybe 3 to 4 minutes.
Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in to strips
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 large bell peppers seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil vegetable oil works
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas 10-inch size
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking dish mix the chicken, chiles, onion and peppers.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, spices and salt and pour over chicken. Toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes until the veggies are a little soft and the chicken is cooked. You could also do this with thinly sliced flank or skirt steak as well.