Oh you guys I’m so excited about this. I haven’t done a skinny dessert since my lemon bars waaayy, way back of now. (That’s a mountain term if you weren’t sure. It means “in the past”. My mother in law pulled that “back of now” stuff on me when I was dating Jeremy–confused the fire out of me.)
These skinny chocolate parfaits took me literally about 10 minutes to make and that’s only because I needed to let the pudding firm just a bit before I filled the cups. This recipe uses a lot of shortcuts to remove calories, and it’s fine, but I have to say that I used regular chocolate pudding in mine because I hate sugar-free synthetic oddness in my food.
That stuff just tastes funny, yo.
But if you are watching your calories, please follow the recipe. Otherwise, you can swap or sub in and even (gasp) make it richer with real whipped cream and WHOLE milk–the whole shebang if you want to.
True to form, this recipe is completely versatile. Layer in fruit, add a little light whipped cream cheese, and even a little chocolate sauce if you need it. My kids are on their first day back to school and when they get home I’m sure these will be devoured in no time flat.
But I’ll make them share one.
Because I’m that kind of mom. I’m the chocolate police–right behind the brush your teeth police and the “did you wash your hands?!” police. You can take the nurse out of the hospital…you know the rest.
Have a great day!
Skinny Chocolate Parfaits
- 1, 1.4 ounce package fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1, 8 ounce carton light whipped topping thawed
- 3/4 cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
- grated chocolate to garnish if desired
- In a medium bowl, mix the pudding, milk and sour cream until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill about 5 minutes or so until slightly thicker.
- Once thickened slightly, add 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping and fold it in carefully.
- In six glasses, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of graham crackers in the bottom of each. Top with 1/3 cup pudding, and repeat layers.
- Top with a dollop or remaining whipped topping and grated chocolate if desired.
- Chill 1 hour before serving or eat it right away.