I’m ashamed to say that a family of four ate a 9×13 pan of anything. But easy tiramisu with pound cake is one of those assembly-only, no-cook desserts that sort of makes it acceptable. No matter how skilled or new you are to the kitchen, this version is pretty much assembly only and feels really special even if it’s not authentic.
I live in a food desert.That’s not a made-up term either. If you’ve never heard of it, hit Google and see for yourself. And sometimes it makes it hard to get certain ingredients–like ladyfingers–little dainty soft cookies that are usually part of a tiramisu.
I guess I could have made them myself, but…you’ll be shocked to know I have a life too and not so much time for that right now.
So that’s why an easy tiramisu with pound cake was the perfect solution and you’ll be shocked to see how truly it easy it is to put together and (even better) it just tastes wonderful, is totally portable and even people who hate coffee will like it. I know because I don’t drink coffee. And I ate about half of the pan, so there’s your proof.
I found myself wishing for a homemade pound cake and real whipped cream and I would encourage you to use those over frozen food anytime you can. It would take the flavor of this absolutely over the top–but it would also take your cholesterol in these same direction.
Be ultra careful with the almond extract if you use it. Never measure it over the bowl of cream cheese. It’s one of those ingredients that can absolutely ruin your easy tiramisu with pound cake if you put too much in. It’s not like vanilla–I dump that in like a wild woman.
Take note–this recipe serves 16 to 24 (or my family for 4 days) and it should freeze wonderfully if you want to make it ahead. Bring it out the night before and let it thaw in the fridge before serving.
Easy Tiramisu with Pound Cake
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping real whipped cream works too
- 16 ounce frozen pound cake thawed and cut into 30 slices
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a small bowl mix the coffee and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar, and almond extract or liqueur. Which ever you are using.
- Fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
- In an ungreased 9x13 baking dish, place one layer of pound cake slices on the bottom, cutting pieces to make them fit as needed. Brush or spoon over 1/3 of the coffee on to the cake slices as evenly as possible.
- Top with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers two more times, ending with a cream cheese layer on top. Use a sifter to dust the top with the cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 24 hours before serving.