Tangy broccoli salad is a classic, and a nice change for your next get together or to add as a side for dinner. It’s literally just chop, mix and serve. Another bonus? The tangy-sweet dressing makes it appealing to even the fussiest broccoli eater.
Is there a southerner anywhere who’s never had this salad? It’s possible–so let’s not overlook how stinking good it is. And easy. It also drives home my theory that if you cover a food in slaw dressing (vinegar, sugar and mayo) everything tastes better. Even fresh broccoli. If you have a get together coming up, or are just tired of the same old side salad, you should really give this a try.
It’s pretty much just chop and assembly. You can even skip the chopping if you want to buy bagged fresh broccoli and get a good quality bacon bit if you don’t want to fry a few slices. It holds well in the fridge for a few days too and the flavors will get better as it sits so don’t be afraid to make it ahead.
But gosh man it’s gonna make you burp. I hope everyone around you is going to eat this too or else you’re gonna be blackballed from the house in a few hours.
You’ll be GAS CITY. Just a warning because I care.
Tangy Broccoli Salad
- 7 cups fresh broccoli florets washed, stems removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Add the broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar with a whisk or a fork until no lumps remain.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.