Looking for the next potluck crowd pleaser? Never worry about bringing home leftovers again with a chocolate delight that’s truly a pleasure to make and to eat. A lightly crispy crust topped with a blend of puddings and whipped cream. How can you go wrong?
I’m sorry I don’t have a swanky name for this dessert.
We could make one up…chocolate pudding dream.
Cream cheese layer-y goodness.
Easy as pie but not pie chocolate heaven.
Okay, well, it’s a chocolate delight dessert recipe and it really is pretty delightful, let me tell you.
I made this dish to take to a pot luck and it was a pretty hot item on the dessert table. It’s easy to make and in this case I doubled the recipe to feed about 40 people and froze it the day before. It’s good slightly frozen or just refrigerated. It’s your call.
It’s a great go-to for the holidays or just a special night in with your family. Everyone will love it, I promise. Because you know me–I’m the tried-and-true girl. This is just another staple to add to your recipe files!
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 13 ounces cool whip topping thawed
- 1, 3 3/4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 1, 3 3/4 ounce box chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, flour and nuts. Spread into the bottom of an engrossed 9x13 pan. Bake until lightly golden (about 15 minutes) and allow to cool completely.
- In another large bowl mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- Next combined the puddings and milk and beat by hand or with a mixer for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips if you choose.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight or you can freeze it and thaw it in the fridge before serving.