A big batch of this beef burrito recipe makes lunches quick and easy for anyone who wants to grab one and head out the door. They’re perfect for making ahead, freeze great, and reheat like a dream.Jump to Recipe
How many sandwiches or salads have you packed in your lunch in your lifetime?
Rough guess is just way too many. Why does lunch need to be boring? Or better yet why does any meal need to be boring?
Let’s spice things up with delicious beef burritos with beans–life is too short for more grilled chicken and brown rice.
How to fold a burrito
- To fold a burrito, warm your tortillas in the microwave if they seem brittle.
- Place a small amount of filling just slightly below center of the tortilla.
- Fold in both sides of the tortilla about one inch on either side and hold that with your fingers while you continue to roll the burrito all the way up. Rolling in the sides keeps the filling from squishing out the ends.
Tips for the best beef burritos
- If you don’t want to use beef, feel free to use ground turkey or even ground chicken here. I know many people have actually used ground venison as well. All are delicious.
- Store bought tortillas are notoriously filthy when it comes to their ingredients. Of course we all use them, but if you feel up to making your own you can check out this recipe.
- If you don’t have the individual spices on hand, feel free to use any premade taco seasoning mix. I do recommend that you get one without MSG as an additive. You could also use my homemade taco seasoning mix recipe and keep a big jar on hand for tacos too.
- Feel free to add some rice to this recipe. Make sure to put it on the bottom as the first layer and then add your beef mixture on top of that.
How to rewarm burritos
Place an individual burrito still inside its paper towel into the microwave for one minute increments until hot in the center. Allowed to sit one to two minutes before eating. They can also be reheated in foil in the oven.
Beef Burrito Recipe With Beans
- Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain away any excess fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, except the cheese. Stir well.
- Simmer over medium low heat 15 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- To fill tortillas, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the filling down the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over the filling and roll up, tucking in the sides as you roll.
- Wrap each tortilla in paper towels and store the burritos in an airtight container or freezer bag in your refrigerator.
- When you're ready to eat, microwave in the paper towel for one minute.