The Best Farm Planner (Printable, Customizable)
The best farm planner is one that helps you keep all the balls you have in the air up and functioning. It’s easy to overlook tasks when you have multiple projects going at once, but the Farmer’s Friend Planner can help you pull it all together.
Winter is a great time for planning but as spring approaches, I am READY to go. I stare out windows planning garden plots, ordering seeds and studying what warmer weather is going to bring to the farm.
What helps me stay organized all year is a planner designed for the unique needs of those who farm and homestead.
That’s why I designed this one for all of us who can’t seem to find the right one anywhere else.
Yes I love caring for our garden and animals but I also have to plan meals, track expenses and farm tax exemptions, and make sure my kids are doing their part too.
Normal life goes on all year so let’s keep it all organized.
For all those times when you can’t remember
- “Honey what year did #47 have twins?”
- “What tomato variety did I grow last year that yielded so well?”
- “When did you vaccinate Punky the pig?”
I can’t remember why I walk into a room let alone remember what cow calved when and where I bought those awesome tomato plants from. Keep your printed planner from year to year so you can have a record and refer back anytime you blank out like I do.
Because no two farms are alike
No two farms raise the same crops or have the same needs. That makes it tough to create a planner that fits everyone perfectly but I think we got this one pretty close.
I designed the pages for flexibility so you can print just the pages you want and as many as you want to fit the size of your farm or homestead.
What’s inside the farm planner?
Daily Life Planning
- To do list
- Day at a glance pages
- Undated 12 month calendar pages
- Chore charts for boys and girls
- Weekly meal planner
- Grocery list
Animal Care Planning
- Animal birth records
- Animal health care records (vaccinations, vet visits, physical health notes)
- Animal health reference guides covering proper care, health maintenance and feeding written by an animal health expert for pigs, chickens, sheep and goats, horses and cattle
- Garden plot planner
- Garden growth records
- Hay yield tracker
Budget and Finance Planning
- Bill tracker
- Farm income and expense tracker
- Notes pages
- Printable stickers when printed on adhesive paper
- Fun quotes to divide sections
How to print your farm planner
I know you don’t want to use all the ink in your home printer so the planner is designed with minimal color on the main planner pages. You can print the entire planner in black and white or color and only print the pages you want.
To print at home:
- Download the file (there will be a link on the checkout page and you’ll also get an email)
- Print in 8.5″x11″ at home. Hole punch and place in a binder —OR—
To print with an online source:
- Upload your file to any online printer. I like Office Depot for this but Staples, Kinkos, the UPS Store and even your local library can print for you.