Great time of day in the morning woman–have you lost your mind? And to answer you, no I haven’t. If you have never tried a pomegranate smoothie with avocado, let me just tell you what you’re missing. You’re missing rich, creamy, low-fat, protein-packed boosts of fruity goodness. That’s what. Open your mind with me for a moment…
The truth about me is that I don’t like eggs. There. I don’t. Ask most people what all health-minded folks should have for breakfast and they say what I dread. So what’s a girl to do? I get my protein another way. In a pomegranate smoothie with avocado. I started eating these filling little finds years ago when I would do big detox diets and basically eat nothing but grass and water for a week or two (okay mild exaggeration).
If you’ve never tried it, the combinations are endless. You can use any fruit, any liquid (juice, almond, soy milk, a hit of Jim Beam if you’re feeling frisky, you name it) and your choice of either Greek yogurt or a combo of yogurt and avocado for extra protein. Give it a whiz in your food processor (if your me and don’t own a blender) and it’s ready to go.
Slurp it down on the way to work (minus the Beam unless you want to get fired) or give them to your kids for a balanced breakfast (definitely minus the Beam unless you want to go to jail).
Pomegranate smoothie with avocado
- 1 5- ounce cup vanilla or fruit flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 half of a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice or a combo of juice and milk
- 1/3 cup frozen assorted berries give or take
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- If you use your food processor, make sure to cover the top with a towel to catch any leaks.
- If your smoothie is too thick, add a little more milk or juice and give it another quick whiz.