Pizza stuffed mushrooms are everything you love about your favorite supreme pie without the crust. These savory treats make a great game-day snack, party appetizer or even a low-carb dinner. Add your favorite fillings!
Low Carb | Gluten FreeJump to Recipe
I see you–the pizza topping peeler. Crust leaver. You over there trying to have your pizza and leave the white flour carbs behind.
Tips for really good stuffed mushrooms
- Make sure your vegetables are diced small. You don’t want to try to manage stuffing huge chunks in your mouth.
- Try an herbed or flavored cream cheese for extra flavor.
- Swap in crumbled sausage, bacon and ham for a meat-lovers version.
- Use nitrate free uncured pepperoni.
- Serve warm if possible. If they cool off they just aren’t as good.
To make ahead
Make filling up to two days ahead, cover and keep in the fridge. Add to mushrooms up to two hours before baking. Store covered in plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to bake.
How to make pizza stuffed mushrooms: The steps
Craving pizza? Try these recipes
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 baby portobella or button mushrooms wiped clean (not rinsed) and stems removed
- 4 ounces of cream cheese softened, 1/2 a block
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons black olives chopped very small
- 2 Tablespoons green bell pepper chopped very small
- 2 Tablespoons onion chopped very small
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices chopped very small or small pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the mushrooms, stem removed side up on an ungreased baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a medium bowl. It's okay to use a mixer or stand mixer to blend everything if needed.
- Spoon filing into the center of each mushroom, using about a teaspoon or so per mushroom.
- Bake until heated, the cheese is bubbly and brown, and the mushrooms are slightly soft, about 15-18 minutes or so.