Cornbread and Sage Dressing Recipe
Cornbread and sage come together with other classic flavors for a moist holiday dressing everyone will love.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 balls
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread crumble it and then measure
- 4 slices white bread torn into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth 12 ounces, you can add a bit more if your mix seems dry
Preheat the oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the broth and toss well.
Add the broth and mix. If it seems dry, add a little more. Dressing should be wet but not have standing liquid in the bottom.
Form baseball size balls or spread in a greased 8x8 baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes until heated through and lightly brown on the top.